Sea Turtles Conservation Policy
We strictly adhere to the conservation and management measures of RFMO about sea turtles, and prohibit our vessels from targeting, retaining, and storing on board any sea turtles and sea turtles products. However where sea turtles were caught in the normal operation of the vessel, they should be released in a manner that results in as little harms to them as possible, the vessel shall also make the related records and report to our company.
To better protect sea turtles and to minimize the catch of non-target species like sea turtle, our company and vessel(s):
1. Use only large circle hooks;
2. use the dehooker on each vessel
3. To promptly release unharmed, to the extent practicable, all sea turtles if they were caught in the normal operation of the vessel;
4. Use the best efforts by crews to release alive turtle species through implementation of best handling techniques to improve survival after release;
5. To records the discard of the all sea turtles in the fishing logbook, including the date, location (latitude, longitude), species identification, size, capture and release condition (e.g., live /dead)， etc.
6. Does not retain any sea turtles and sea turtles product on a fishing vessel
海龜脫鉤器使用方法 Method of Dehooker Use